iPad Repair Services Nationwide
FREE diagnosis, evaluation and return shipping when we fix your device or recover your data. From the #1 tech remedy company.
Day Priority Queue Time
Day Non-Priority Queue
iPad Repairs Since 2010
How It Works
Our simple repair process is quick and effective.
Mail in or drop off your device or data recovery for a complete evaluation
We disassemble and diagnose it, source parts and contact you with a quote
Once approved, we work until your repair is complete and has passed Quality Control
After receiving payment we ship your device back or you can walk into our store
Our Pricing Model Saves You Money
We source the lowest priced parts from our trusted partner network and pass the savings on to you.
Our labor rates are fixed, not hourly, so you always know what to expect.
- Covers disassembly, diagnosis/testing, parts sourcing, quote generation and reassembly. This fee is deducted from your final repair total.
- The price largely depends on the difficulty of the project and the amount of time involved. Most repairs average $129-$199 minus the initial $89 evaluation fee.
- Using unique product identification numbers from inside your device, we purchase and install original manufacturer parts for a perfect match every time.
- FREE return shipping to US-48 states with a successful repair. We also ship to P.O. Box, APO/FPO, territories and most international locations.
Master technicians (minimum 30 years experience) who are licensed, bonded & certified
Multiple layers of redundant physical protection and data safety in our repair labs
We stand by our work. Your repair is covered by our comprehensive warranty policy designed to serve you
Service From the Heart
Corporations exist to please their stockholders. We exist to please you
Our friendly technical service people speak with simplicity and clarity
We are under non-disclosure company-wide to ensure the confidentiality of your data
No Overseas Phone Support
All our employees reside locally, including our data recovery and remote desktop support technicians
We're Here to Stay
Delivering quality technology support services is what we’ve been doing since 1998
Free With Repair
Mail in any device or other electronics to us and receive a free diagnosis with repair.
Free With Repair
After your product is fixed, we’ll ship it back to you free of charge within US-48 states.
Priority Service Available
If you’re in a hurry, choose priority service and get your device back in no time!
We offer you the same full-service attention and care as if you visited our store.
We've served thousands of people at our conveniently located repair facility. If you live in or are traveling to San Diego, we humbly open our doors to you!
- We have a team of highly skilled certified technicians performing all service and we give each repair the personal attention it deserves.
- We provide a unique and customized service that retail chains can’t offer
- We are the original creators of our own repair process
- We take the time to get the job done right the first time
San Diego PC Help
Drop-off and mail-in address:
San Diego PC Help
7905 Silverton Ave. Unit 104
San Diego, CA 92126
COMMON IPAD PROBLEMS WE’VE FIXED
Won’t Turn On
- IPad won’t turn on
Some users have been experiencing a problem with their IPads which doesn’t allow them to turn on their device. It may be fully charged and still not able to turn.
Solutions: Charge IPad, reset IPad (Hold Home and Lock Buttons),Restore with ITunes
- Device gets too hot
Like an other modern device, the IPad will overheat sometimes.It’s usually caused by overusing the device,whatever the reason is. If the device gets too hot a temperature warning will appear and shut the device off.
Solutions:Limit use on device, let it cool down. If device is protected with case, take case off while not in use.
AirDrop Not Working
AirDrop is a quick easy way to share files,but some users have reported AirDrop isn’t working
- Files aren’t able to be shared
- Make sure Do not disturb is not turned on because it will block AirDrop
- Turn off AirDrop, restart IPad, turn AirDrop on again.
When charging their IPads, users have experienced slow charging on their IPads making it take a long time to fully charge. This can be caused by a broken/damaged charger
- Slow charging IPad
- Charger should say 10W or 12W (Charger that came with device)
Safari tabs refresh/Switch to other Pages
Safari is an integrated web browser for Apple products. Many users have had a glitch with this browser. Some have reported that when they have more than two tabs open in Safari they find that switching to another app, or even switching between tabs, is causing Safari to refresh and reload the pages. This puts you back at the top of the page. The most likely cause of this problem is the lack of RAM
- Safari reloads/refreshes the page when multiple apps/tabs are open
- You can try using another browser. Some people report success with Dolphin, others suggest Atomic, or Chrome.
- You might find an improvement if you try Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings, but the problem may return.
- You could try limiting the number of apps and tabs you have open simultaneously.
Camera Won’t Load/Freezes
When trying to open the camera some users have noticed their camera often freezes or crashes. Some have said it is very slow to load or just doesn’t work properly in general
- Camera feature crashes,takes too long to load,freezes
- Backup and restore
- Reboot IPad
their IPad the screen does not register that. Sometimes it can be the whole screen, or sometimes it could just be one area,still, the unresponsive screen doesn’t allow users to use their device properly.
- Unresponsive screen
- Backup and restore
- Clean screen with soft damp cloth,gently
- If a screen protector is on try removing it
Some users have encountered a problem with their IPads which causes it to freeze or crash,taking them back to them home screen or black screen. Some have seen random reboots taking them to the apple logo.The Home button and the touchscreen are unresponsive when it freezes or crashes. Many people believe this is a memory issue and that the iPad Air lacks the RAM it needs.
- Frequent freezing
- Random crashes/reboots
- Make sure device isn’t lacking storage space
- Factory reset
- If problems persists, replace device
housands of people have already discovered that an iPad is not like a sturdy laptop. If you drop your device, you will most likely experience the spider glass effect. While the iPad may continue to work, you may have nasty glass shards to deal with and the touch screen itself may stop working. In almost every case we’ve seen, the only part you need to replace is the touchscreen digitizer. Sadly, unless you treat your iPad like its a $600 crystal vase, there’s not much you can do to prevent this repair from occuring, save and except for purchasing an aluminum or other protective case. [custom-link]Common [/custom-link]
- Spider web or fractured/broken glass. Note that there are two different parts of the front assembly that connect together, the digitizer and the LCD screen. The digitizer covers the entire surface and sits on top of a high resolution LCD: together they form the display component. If your touch inputs are not working, but you can see the display, this indicates a problem with the digitizer.
- You do not see any picture or if the picture is very dark. This indicates that you may need to replace both the digitizer and the LCD
We love the iPad and so does the world: it captures more market share than any other device in its class. In the wake of competition from numerous other manufacturers such as Amazon, Asus, Samsung and Lenovo, the Apple iPad has undergone some rapid technical advancements to stay ahead of the competition. Yet with these expedited improvements comes increased problems and thus demand for quality iPad repair. From cracked screens to slow performance, we’ve seen – and repaired – them all.
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS ARE SAYING
They're Experts In Their Field
“San Diego PC Help is the most qualified repair shop I have ever used. Their technicians are excellent and their service level is top notch. I highly recommend them for any type of technology repair you may need. They're experts in their field.”
Jason William Scott
Quick, Thorough and Honest
“These guys are experts in fixing your tech problems and saving your data at a reasonable cost. They are quick, thorough, and honest. I highly recommend San Diego PC Help!”